Music Banter - View Single Post - Kendrick Lamar on Big Sean's "Control" and Hip Hop Universe Goes Crazy
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 11:32 PM   #234 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtalk92 View Post
I see where you are coming from but based on how the Grammy's operate, Macklemore technically did not deserve to win.

If the Grammy's are only acknowledging the most popular songs and albums in certain genres why would they give it to a rap artist that did not have the biggest single or one of the biggest selling albums of the year?
How did Macklemore NOT have the most popular singles during last year? Thrift Shop, Same Love, Can't Hold Us.

Name all of Kendrick's singles that were so popping last year that they took over mainstream radio. Only Swimming Pools made a dent that's about it.

Quote:
Once again I know that none of these things are an indicator of quality but it just does not seem fair that the Grammy's would suddenly make an exception for Macklemore especially since his album was not all of that.
His album wasn't all that to you but he covered more social issues than Kendrick did and that propelled him to having the rap album that people who don't listen to rap gobbled up because of it. The same people that think that all rap is misogynistic and wanted to hear something different than current radio rap.

Quote:
If that is the case why didn't they nominate Janelle Monae for Electric Lady? She did not get ONE nomination and you mean to tell me they are going to give three Grammy's to this white rapper nobody does not even know about?
Just because you don't know about him doesn't mean he wasn't hot last year. You decided to ignore him. Maybe because he's a white rapper and you just want to discredit his hustle but he's been in the Seattle underground scene for years rapping. He has paid his dues and pushed his independent album out and was able to garner mainstream attention. The song "Can't Hold Us" is an older song of his and he ended up putting it on The Heist.

Quote:
C'mon now...

It is ALOT of politics, cliques and payola with the Grammy's which is why I don't take them seriously.

Kendrick's album was more critically acclaim than Jay Z's and Macklemore. He had a much bigger year than those two as well.
He had a big year as a featured artist sure and the critics were sucking his dick over his album but it wasn't the next coming of Jesus. The critics praised Macklemore's album as well.

Quote:
He did get snubbed Sunday night.
I refuse to believe that.

Quote:
Kendrick's album was way better than his.
Your own personal opinion. Did you even listen to The Heist?
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote