Music Banter - View Single Post - Neil Young or Bruce Springsteen
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 01:27 PM   #77 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Most of the people that have voted for Springsteen on here, I don't think are very aware of the diversity that Young offers and probably lack real knowledge of his music, hence their need to listen to a lot more of his music and his 40 plus album discography, instead of basing their opinion around a few songs here and there.

Most of the people that have voted for Young (are what I call those with real music knowledge on the forum) whereas those that have gone with Springsteen far less so (there are exceptions of course, as some of the people that have voiced opinions for Springsteen know their stuff, well 1 or 2 so I guess it's not so many)

I don't much like Bob Dylan but I recognize that members are going to like him more than Young, as the man is a legend and a great songwriter (another thread similar to this) but when it comes to Springsteen though, I'd sooner listen to John Cougar and believe me that's not saying much.
Ah c'mon American Fool was an outstanding album. I'm not taking shots at people who voted Springsteen, I think there must be some merit to the Springsteen fans, I just personally don't find his music very riveting. Hes certainly molded a very oustanding career out of writing feel good rock n roll based songs. My mom loves Springsteen so i've had to endure through the years out of a deep love for my moms cooking. Some peoples Harvest is others peoples Nebraska I get it, but my ears clearly are more taken by Youngs ability to convey so much emotion in his lyrical ability.

Sure theres an argument for Springsteen also connecting with his audience and conveying alot through his music but it never touched me the same way as Young did.