Music Banter - View Single Post - NBA thread
Thread: NBA thread
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 01:43 PM   #1916 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
She was also arguing that players were more loyal or something in the 80's and I proceeded to list like 80% of the stars from the 80's and 90's and every single one of them moved teams. Also, I listed multiple recent teams with 3+ hall of famers, which apparently counts for nothing.

What bothers me the most is the blatant disrespect for Dwyane Wade. His career stats are basically identical to Kobe's, he has 3 rings, a Finals MVP, a scoring title, has been amongst the best defensive guards in basketball his whole career, and has made 10 all-star games. That someone can try and say he's not one of the greatest ever is just being a pure, immature, biased hater, through and through.

Free agency has been a big boon since the early 80's I agree with your assessment. There is no denying that D-Wade is a first ballot hall of famer when he hangs it up. Even with diminishing skills he is certainly in alot of top 25 players in the league discussions. Add to that his knack for playing his best in big games and there really is no argument. I don't see Miami missing the Finals again this year, they still have way too many weapons in a 7 game series.