Music Banter - View Single Post - Urban's Journal Of Half Assed Ideas
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 01:52 PM   #293 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
are these songs like ranked or just in no order. itd be hella hard to rank that many tunes
No, not really... I think they are ranked Chronologically, so there isn't a build up to the best song imaginable. I saw another list somewhere where it was broken in decades, it would be neat if it was broken down by genre and sub-genre, or even by country. It's a mix bag of songs, some artist are represent a couple of times, some artist not at all. The list has Fugazi but not Paramore. Dusty Springfeild is represented three times but it doesn't have Gordon Lightfoot or Allman Brothers Band, which proves it very UK-centric leaving out staple artists from Canada and US. And he totally dis's Australia the list doesn't have Three Dog Night or Men at Work, two AC/DC big whoop. Ironically the title Blue Monday is on twice, first by the Fats Domino and another entirely different song by New Order.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote