Music Banter - View Single Post - NBA thread
Thread: NBA thread
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 03:38 PM   #1923 (permalink)
YorkeDaddy
silky smooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpnfire View Post
Basketball is a team game though, and LeBron averages 7 assists per game. How many of those assists lead to three-pointers for Miami when you have Chalmers, **RAY ALLEN**, Battier, and even Bosh making threes? The correct answer is a whole lot of three's come off Lebron's assists. So when James has the ball in his hands, his team "scores" defacto nearly as much as KD does on his own.

However, Durant has VASTLY improved (and still is improving) in his assists, having increased his APG TWOFOLD since his rookie year. There's no doubt, Durant is a scoring machine.

When you talk about individual player scoring, you should keep in mind the context each player is in. The Thunder don't have a whole lot of scorers, (this was especially evident last year when Westbrook was out), and so it usually falls on Durant to score points for the whole team. LeBron was in a very similar situation in Cleveland (perhaps it was even worse than the Thunder-Westrbook!). James twice hit 30+ ppg, and he's NEVER done that in Miami. The most he's gotten is 27 PPG. He CAN score as much as KD, that's just not how he likes to play, (he now also plays slightly less minutes than KD too).

LeBron>Durant.
Interesting points! Dont get me wrong though, you wont find any bigger LeBron fans than me. I've followed him since he was in high school (I grew up pretty close to Akron). As far as I'm concerned, he's already the second greatest player to ever touch a basketball, and all he needs is to keep up this same production for a few more years and there wont be a question in my opinion.

I actually believe LeBron wouldve been the greatest ever in ANY sport, literally. You think Rob Gronkowski and Jimmy Graham are devastating on a football field? Those guys arent half the athlete LeBron is. And can you even imagine how well LeBron couldve pitched? If he couldve perfected a curve ball he wouldve been Randy Johnson 2.0.

9-Time Winner of MusicBanter's "Most Qualified to be a Moderator" Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
On this one your voice is kind of weird but really intense and awesome
YorkeDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote