Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm Here Today, Expect It To Stay On - Ki's Journal of Music
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 03:53 PM   #157 (permalink)
Key

Speaking of Seattle bands (specifically Nirvana) it really got me thinking that I never really gave Foo Fighters a proper listen. I mean, i've heard the obvious choices, but never sat down and listened to an album in full, until today. I'm giving Wasting Light a listen.

I don't really know why I never gave them a proper listen before, because i'm really diggin this straight up rock n roll sound. I've got a lot of respect for Dave Grohl for just seeming like one of the most modest and coolest mother****ers on this earth so you'd think i'd had gotten onto the Foo Fighters bandwagon much sooner, but alas, i'm usually late to everything. Never a late time to start though, and am actually really excited to begin my Foo Fighters journey.

This album specifically is already got me impressed and ready for more, and I know it's one of their later releases, but I'm just going under the assumption that it's not the worst place to start. Especially since the opening track just sounds cool and is a great opener and just screams "this is going to be a fantastic rock n roll album".

Like I said, it sounds like just traditional rock n roll so it doesn't sound like anything new or something i've never heard, but it definitely has a better feel to it than what I was expecting, and that's always a good thing. Will probably be going backwards with their discography since I started with their 2011 release. So, I suppose my next listen will be Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace. I'm pretty excited, but judging on first listen, i'd say this album is a pretty good one and a great introduction to their sound. Just my personal feel.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote