Music Banter - View Single Post - NBA thread
Thread: NBA thread
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 10:38 PM   #1972 (permalink)
Wpnfire
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forward To Death View Post
I'll give you the same deal as Yorky. What's your argument that they were terrible players. I don't think if they were terrible that they could help the Cavs to win 66 games. Again, Lebron was their only star, but that team had a lot of depth. The Bulls were a deep team that had two star players, so I don't get what your argument is here, other than that you think for some reason these guys suck.
You're underestimating the significance LeBron James has on a basketball game. He literally does make his team better because of his passing, (7+ assists, and Jordan averaged only 5 per game) defenses are now trained to obviously look for him everywhere (Jordan couldn't shoot a three, James can) leaving his teammates open. These factors are in play every second he's on he court, and James played around 40 minutes when he was in Cleveland, and missed at most only 5 games a season. Also LeBron was playing de facto point guard in Cleveland (as he does now).

Also, Cleveland suffered the worst drop in wins in NBA HISTORY when James left. They didn't drop 1 or 2 spots when he left, they went from LEADING THE EASTERN CONFERENCE in wins, to LAST PLACE. It doesn't get any more clear cut than this: LeBron James. Made his Cleveland team. Good. It was him. And only him. That made them good.
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote