Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums you like, by artists you don't...
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 05:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
dca
Music Addict

Default Albums you like, by artists you don't...

are there any entire albums you enjoy by certain artists, but you have no interest in the rest of their discography? It's quite often that some group I don't like will do the occasional decent track, but I'm talking about entire albums.

here's a couple for me

Eminem - Infinite

always hated Eminem's forced angry vocals and juvenile lyrics, and commercial production. I was dismayed when 'My Name Is' turned out to not be a one hit wonder, but his massive springboard to world domination. First time I heard this album I couldn't even believe it was the same guy. The beats are in the classic mid-90s mould, and Eminem actually sounds like a real person. He's not doing the comedy Slim Shady annoying brat vocals. It may have been recoded in 1996 but Infinite is by far his most sophisticated and mature piece of work.

Stone Temple Pilots - Shangri-la Dee Da

never Exactly hated STP but they always struck me as a bit generic MYV grunge-lite. Their albums up to this point have no replay value for me at all. I thought Plush and Sex Type Thing especially were bland throwaway tunes. On this album they seemed to discover melody and songwriting, and diversity. I played this album for almost an entire summer when I first heard it, and I don't think I've heard any other of their albums more than twice.
dca is offline   Reply With Quote