Music Banter - View Single Post - Let's talk about God for a minute, shall we?
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 04:45 PM   #96 (permalink)
butthead aka 216
Account Disabled

Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forward To Death View Post
I think you're seriously underrating the YPA stat. It literally shows how efficient a QB is at gaining yards through the air, but the reason Culpepper isn't as good as Brady has nothing to do with that. It's longevity. Culpepper blew out his knee and was never the same again. Brady on the other hand, has always been above-average to great for a much longer time. Awful comparison, why not compare him to Manning, who has better YPA, has played longer, and is superior in nearly every statistical category. The only way you can compare Brady to god at this point is that neither will be relevant this Sunday.
i wasnt actually sayin culpepper was better lmao

i think you missed the point as well

ypa is not that meaningful of a stat. like with most all stats there would be amazin flaw in over estimatin it since theres no difference between a 5 yard slant pass to jerry rice that he takes 80 yards or a 60 yard bomb to someone. its all the same in the stat. theres no sense in over ratin it.
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote