Music Banter - View Single Post - Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 10:33 AM   #193 (permalink)
Wpnfire
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
I don't know... I think a woman should have the right to do whatever she pleases. But here, you're saying that nobody should have the right to make the decision on whether a woman gets an abortion or not, but you contradict yourself in the first statement you made:

Maybe I'm misreading what you're saying here, but what makes you have the right to say women shouldn't get abortions? Especially when you later said nobody should have a right to say anything.
In my first post, when I said it's not as simple as yes or no, I was referring to the options for the poll on this thread of pro-life and pro-choice. That is a terrible poll. I understand this is an online forum, but it still drives me crazy because of its inaccuracy.

As far as me contradicting myself with the whole Roe v. Wade thing, what I really meant to say was that I think the SCOTUS should make abortion illegal in all circumstances except in extreme cases where the mother's life is threatened or something like that (I'm going to be honest though, I don't know how the application of that would work in real life.) Sorry for the confusion, this issue is obviously complicated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
First off, I am not sorry, because it was the greatest thing I have ever done...
Also the hardest...Being Pro Life is really fine and dandy, ( Honestly...It's humane)
And its easy to say give the baby up for adoption. ...But until you carry someone with you and have a completely symbiotic relationship with them. You will never know the other side of that coin, which comes complete feelings , of depression , add postpartum depression, on top of regular depression, mix in feelings of being the worst mother ever, and top it off with thoughts of suicide and you have a dangerous cocktail..

Then there is raise the baby you made it philosophy. .Really. ...Growin up neglected is proven to be psychologically worse then being beaten, or over protected....I would rather hear that women , who know it wasn't for them for whatever reason, decided to abort then give birth to, and neglect a child...A CHILD not a zygote. ... Both abortion and adoption are hard things to get over...But really it is a black and white choice for the woman...Do I do it or not....I am not talking outside influences I am talking instinct. ..Instinct told me no thank you not my style. ..But I am hard wired that way other women however are not...And the freedom to choose their path through life is their right. No matter how much you disagree with it ultimately ask yourself are you planning on raising , loving, and providing, for the baby that is about to be aborted. ..No? oh ok..
Still not your call. If you go out and kill someone, it's illegal. Doesn't matter what your "frame of mind" was at the time. If the defense argues in court you were depressed at the time you killed someone, fine, you're still going to jail. The only reason that argument works is because the law (obviously) is on the side of the mother. I don't care what you're frame of mind is, it's not up to you. That's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.

Unless you as a mother are in perilous danger by having the child, I don't care what your frame of mind is.

And who's going to say that an aborted child would not have grown up and found a cure for AIDS or for cancer? I know there's a flip-side for that situation, but in reality, we're not all murders and most people are good.

Last edited by Wpnfire; 02-02-2014 at 10:55 AM.
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote