Music Banter - View Single Post - Where do you find new music?
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 04:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

There was a time I use to find new bands on SNL, video channels, Conan etc but not much lately. I use to just by CDs with interesting album covers in the cut-out or dollar bin. There was a place where I could hear the CD before I bought it but that's gone. I don't buy them like I once did, and I haven't gone CD shopping in a store in ages

Now I use Wikipedia sometimes, rarely use blogs. I found Discog can be useful. I like to find things out on my own. So now basically I the bands I find are mainly off of Youtube from the related videos to a band/song I like. I hear new stuff in plugdj but I like to go through a bunch of songs on my own to decide whether or the band is worth getting into or not.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote