Music Banter - View Single Post - The Emo Album Club: Maybe You, No One Else Worth It
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 05:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

i refuse to use the term "twinkly"....but can accept the fact that that "mid-west" sound intermixed with math rock elements has created it's own off branch of the general emo genre

at that i have to say this album is really good....easily a four star album were it not for the dreadful "I'll See You at the Ring of Fire"....right from the get go i was surprised....and i have to admit a little worried....the singers vocals...specifically in the harmonies seemed a little over the top at first but actually really worked very well with the music and the general feel of this entire album

this album is a grower in the true sense as i felt that each song just got better and better....until they had to fuck it all up with the token acoustic track....but i feel that does not outshine just how good this album as a whole is

this album really takes me back to Baltimore 2001-2005....i swear every local band was trying to pull of the math rock genius of local heroes Oxes while clinging to the fact that they still loved The Get Up Kids....and at the time 99% of them were failing miserably....Brave Bird hits the nail right on the head and buries that nail deep into the foundation!

highlights for me were
Thick Skin (Should I Give In)....already slated for a spot on the next mixtape i make someone
Healthy
Whittle Down The Days

great opener for this club....and i'm looking forward to more like this
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote