Music Banter - View Single Post - The American Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 08:37 PM   #2048 (permalink)
Thom Yorke
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
Wrong, Denver were the favorites against Seattle. That's how amazingly Seattle played and how poorly the Broncos performed. Denver still has an excellent team and will undoubtedly be in contention again next year. If they get to the Super Bowl and face anyone other than Seattle/San Fran (the only teams with good enough defenses to screw with Manning that badly, I don't think Carolina has a good enough secondary to beat Peyton), they will probably win.
Not talking about Vegas odds, I'm just talking about how I think they matched up. Denver's biggest test this year (both overall and defensively) was probably a KC team that may very well have been a fluke. Yeah, there was New England as well, but we all know how banged up the Patriots were, especially when considering that Talib went down early.

Just take a look through their schedule though. Did they play anyone that was really that great of a team?

vs. Ravens
@ Giants
vs. Raiders
vs. Eagles
@ Cowboys
vs. Jaguars
@ Colts (loss)
vs. Redskins
@ Chargers
vs. Chiefs
@ Patriots (loss)
@ Chiefs
vs. Titans
vs. Chargers (loss)
@ Texans
@ Raiders

The NFC teams they faced, while still being the weakest division in the NFC, were playing horrible when the Broncos faced them as well. The Broncos weren't tested all year.
Thom Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote