Music Banter - View Single Post - Daft Punk
Thread: Daft Punk
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 06:08 AM   #416 (permalink)
Darrenaj9
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpnfire View Post
(My apologies if this thread is too old for me to be posting in, I didn't see anything that says you can't post in old threads under the rules.)

I love Daft Punk. They are hands down, the best electronic music group I've ever heard. It's difficult to put into words the effect that DP has on me. Ever since the day I got their compilation album Musique, I made it my goal to get every single one of their albums, and I just recently acquired the last studio album Homework back in December.

I have a playlist of their music which is 44 songs in length, but I'll just list the notables...

As far as my favorite DP song, it's a very close tie between Face to Face, Fresh, Crescendolls, RAM (Vanderway edit), Give Life Back To Music, Mothership Reconnection (DP remix), and Get Lucky.

Voyager, Nightvision, Fresh, Make Love, Emotion, and Veridis Quo are songs I frequently listen to when I'm studying for my classes or doing intense work like that. They are the perfect ambient songs for me.

Beyond is one of the most inspiring songs I've ever heard. Whenever I listen to this song, I think I'm playing the campaign for Halo, just because of the intense orchestral opening of the song. It's probably because of that that I think this song needs to be in a video game, or a movie, or something. If ANYBODY knows a song that sounds like the intro for Beyond, PLEASE PLEASE tell me what it is.

Then there are the "classic" dance/house songs like Revolution 909, Da Funk, Around the World, Alive, Human After All, and Musique, which are awesome house-type songs.

As you can, see I'm a huge fan. Random Access Memories I feel was by far the best album electronica album of 2013, and also the best album of the year, (and it has since been awarded such).
Usually with any great band like Daft Punk they took their inspiration from another band that went before. I don't doubt they're one of the best artists ever regardless of genre but who do you think paved the way for them?

I wonder which band went before that gave them some inspiration to take such a unique path.
Darrenaj9 is offline   Reply With Quote