Music Banter - View Single Post - Bruno Mars Scores Most Watched Super Bowl Half Time Show of All-Time
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 07:22 AM   #21 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrenaj9 View Post
It's not I don't like Bruno, it's not that I don't rate him as a musician or understand his qualities but for me he's just meh.

It was decent performance but his songs are rubbish.

he'd catch a grenade for who he's never been in a committed relationship long enough to know that. Talking to the Moon feeling sorry for his own self destructive attitude, Just the Way You Are? Come on.

Writing soppy love songs, saying what he thinks women want to hear and not following his own advice he's so commercial and such a sell out.

How about writing about something interesting for once? Talking about being a billionaire, drinking, being lazy, pretending to be romantic to get sex he's about as much as a douche as you can get but because he dresses it up in nice girly songs that's ok.

I'm hoping the Bruno Mars love in ends soon. He's certainly nothing like MJ or Prince and he's not even original in what he writes about.

He isn't............ but NO ONE will ever be like MJ and Prince because there is ONLY one MJ and ONLY one Prince.

I think he is very refreshing in this autotune and overly sexual industry though.

He gives a good live show and sticks to the basics. He does not do the flash, special effects, gimmicks etc. I think the younger acts should do more traditional style of performing because that is really all you need

A good performer does not need other things to distract.

He is growing as an artist and his music is growing as well. I like that his music is eclectic and he is at least TRYING to do different things with his music. He is clearly and obviously inspired by alot of 60s 70s and 80s style of music and I can not knock an artist for at least trying to be creative.

I think he will get better and better over time.
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote