Music Banter - View Single Post - Superman vs. Batman
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 09:00 AM   #13 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
The thing with Conroy is that he has the voice down PERFECTLY but by physical appearance he doesnt look like what I'd imagine a real-life Bruce Wayne to look at all, so if he was cast as a live action Batman it would be a two-sided coin for me.

I liked Bale enough. His "deep voice" while he was Batman was too exaggerated for me, but he pulled off the handsome millionaire pretty well and was pretty effective at seeming like a badass with the suit on.
Well obviously he couldn't play a live-action Batman, but it doesn't change the fact that whenever I see Christian Bale or Michael Keaton (Val Kilmer and George Clooney don't count) I always measure them up against an actor who pretty much defined my idea of Batman as a kid. And not just in a nostalgia way either. He's just one of the most perfectly cast voice over roles in history.

Quote:
Well now is a great time to start! You can probably get every notable graphic novel (Arkham Asylum, The Long Halloween, Returns, Year One, probably a few others) for like 40 total dollars and all of it is just so awesome assuming you at least slightly enjoy reading comics in general.
I've started to actually. Unfortunately every time I go to Barnes and Noble the one I had found the other week is always gone. I got the Killing Joke a while ago though. It's kind of mind blowing just how influential such a short comic was on the Joker. I doubt the Dark Knight would have been the same movie without it.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote