Music Banter - View Single Post - Superman vs. Batman
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 12:50 PM   #23 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
Batman all the way, I am gonna answer honestly as Batman is my all time favorite characters and up until the Chris Nolan movies he got the shaft... He is the man, there isn't anything he can't do with the right amount of cash, and ingenuity..Which makes him completely more accessible to common man,he is also deep rooted in revenge and that like it or lump it it is in everyone of our makeups as human beings...

Superman would be amazing if he actually spoke to the darkest parts of my psyche, but unfortunately it is all sunshine, rainbows, do-goody bull****, and red underpants...
All though a few years back they put out an else world series of Superman as a communist, that was pretty sick...Red Son.... But as my super hero no, I want one just as flawed and ****ed in the head as I am thank you very much....
I voted for Batman as well mostly because I'm sick of Superman and his origin story being told over and over again but Superman is getting raked over the coals unfairly so I'm going to make a case for him.

Superman appealed more to people that are loners and/or had to move a lot when they were growing up and they could relate more to being a stranger in a new place and having this secret past that you kept from other people. In the early days of Superman when he only had his super strength. He went after wife beaters, rapists and other demented characters and would kill them without thinking twice about it. Only later on in like the 50s is when they gave him the boy scout characteristics and took away his tough and aggressive side.

He might not have mommy and daddy issues but he's not perfect like everyone is trying to make him seem.

He had issues with feeling isolated and alone. With not really feeling like he is part of everyone that is around him until his cousin Supergirl came around and one or two other people but he was very tortured.

The Superman that you are thinking of when he was a communist is a great graphic novel called Superman:Red Son.

Superman has some pretty good graphic novels like Superman: For All Seasons, Earth One and Metropolis.

I love the art work from Metropolis.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote