Music Banter - View Single Post - Superman vs. Batman
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 04:51 AM   #30 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Bollocks. There's no reason why it wouldn't have worked. Just lazy.
I disagree with your agreement of their decision.
I found a really great explanation why through googling just now and it makes sense.

The most important part of it is the run time would have to be longer than it already is to properly set up and explain what was going on

Spoiler for Spoilerzzz:
Running Time - adding in the explanations of the psychic squid and Vaught's teleportation machine would have made the movie run much longer. It was already at the maximum running length most people would sit through.
Characters - The island and its inhabitants were able to be entirely cut from the movie by eliminating the psychic squid. Adding them in would have increased the number of characters significantly and added more subplots.
Visual effects - Text is easy to use in comics to explain what's happening. But you can't show a psychic shock on the screen, you can't display the years of nightmares people were described as having afterwards. Explosions, though, are pretty and very visible.
Tales of the Black Freighter - This subplot, which confused several readers of the comic, was connected only to people on the island (and one child who played only a small part in the movie/comics), and could thus be eliminated by eliminating the psychic squid.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote