Music Banter - View Single Post - I play the piano and sing, but i can't choose between them.?
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 01:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Brando_Music
Groupie

"...and everyone has said that if i want to become well-known, i need to concentrate on just one thing."

THAT IS A LOAD OF BULL. Sorry to be so blatant with my opinion, but it really is. Some of the most revered artists of the world are multi-instrumentalists. First of all, no one can tell you what you should or shouldn't do, because we both know that you already have the answer to exactly what you want to do--don't wait for approval and validation from other people, because that would just inhibit you from being yourself, and putting your stuff out there. You have NO idea how lucky you are to possess both of those talents, and it would be a waste of you didn't use both of them on a daily (even hourly) basis. The nice thing about a piano, is that it can produce multiple melodies (because you are using two hands).. if you could add your voice, you've got yourself an entire song with a band. Use both of these skills in a way that facilitates your creativity. Sure, you can go to school for it, but school CANNOT teach you talent or creativity--that comes from deep inside of you. Just go with the flow my man.. or lady
Brando_Music is offline   Reply With Quote