Music Banter - View Single Post - Question on 80's band called "China"(?)
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 01:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Poindexter
Groupie

Default Band called China from Seattle

Hi Chris. I saw your post about the 80's rock band China. Turns out you got the band and song names right. I was guitarist/vocalist in the band when we recorded the self-titled EP in the early 80's. The song you are talking about is, in fact, called "Eyes in the Back of my Head" with John Morris on lead vocal. The EP also included "You're Never Gonna Hold Her" (Randy Widener-lead vocal), as well as 2 of my compositions "Passion's Flame" (myself-lead vocal) an up-tempo rocker, and "A Day in Calabria", a guitar-featured instrumental ballad, on which I played all of the guitar and guitar synth tracks. Eyes, and Hold Her came from a couple staff writers from a couple different labels. We played the large night club venues in Seattle mostly and worked steadily for many years. I left in the mid-80's and the band kept on truckin' for quite a while. If you're still interested, I could probably send you Mp3's of the 4 songs, or a CD, if you're willing to share an e-mail address. Anyway, we had a good thing going for quite a while. Good solid rock! Strong vocals and guitar, my favorite combo. Thanks for your interest. T Cox
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote