Music Banter - View Single Post - Personality Types
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 01:44 AM   #175 (permalink)
Forward To Death
Trolier Than Thou

Yeah, I looked into the cognitive functions of the types. I think some people may be thrown off by the test because it oversimplifies your personality. You still essentially have every other type within you, you just tend to favor certain traits over the others. I assumed that automatically, but apparently some people think it's black and white, you're the personality you get from the test. If it were that simple, there would be 16 types of people in the world.

I think there's merit to the test, I don't think it's the most accurate way to judge someone's personality, but they seem to be pretty close to the general area of their personality, especially with the most common traits of the personality type. For example, I didn't realize it before, but certain people really do not see past the present moment very well, they only deal with cold hard facts and the current reality of things, and they have a lot of qualities of "S" types. Certain people are very structured, some of them to the point where they try to force you to be structured, so they're "J" types. You dig deeper and you can see associated personality disorders with the types and what not, it's pretty interesting, I feel like I can type a lot of the people I know, and even some of the people I don't know if I feel interested to do so. I'll have to do some more research on this, but it's pretty cool.
Forward To Death is offline   Reply With Quote