Music Banter - View Single Post - The Prog Rock Album Club
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 06:08 AM   #609 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
No I agree with randomising. More fun that way. Possibly.
So we have three out of five so far. We just need DJ's opinion and that of the one with the many tails and we're good to go. Pick a random number generator and we can get started asap.

Good call, US!
I suggest that these reviews should also be short so as not to burden anybody and run Sunday to Sunday (so people have a week to listen to the album and give it a rating) so we'll do one album a week.

Also a universal rating out of say 5, For example could be:

5.0- Masterpiece
4.5- Classic
4.0- Great
3.5- Good
3.0- Decent
2.5- Weak
2.0- Poor
1.5- Crap
1.0- Dud

Not that I imagine any albums will get very low ratings here at all.

Also once everybody has given their rating, this should then be given an average overall rating based on how many people have reviewed that album.

As well (Trollheart's good at this) he could quickly brush up a mini review format) that covers the main points for the album, like an album card, that's short and sweet for somebody to fill in easily.

Also the club just needs a core group of at least 3 or so people to make sure they the do the album every week (myself, Trollheart and Anteater) if DJ and anybody else wants to be part of the core group then they're welcome (but the core group should always do their review within the set week it's kind of an obligation and should always do it unless they can't because they're away or ill etc) while others can choose to review which albums they want to as long as they do it when the album is active.

Once again by doing mini reviews the interest should remain high and it'll be easy for people to stay focused and interested without having to invest much time.

So if all agreed Trollheart as he's the boss, can start with the randomiser and put the first album up as it's Sunday.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History

Last edited by Unknown Soldier; 02-09-2014 at 06:16 AM.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote