Music Banter - View Single Post - Black Metal!
Thread: Black Metal!
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 06:59 PM   #226 (permalink)
Crinn
Legalize Homicide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forward To Death View Post
Maybe you just aren't listening to the music closely enough?
I really don't care what you wanna call it. it's atmospheric, it's melodic, it has that classic ambient black metal vibe, it's apparent in parts of many of the songs off that album. After listening to it very closely since it's release and writing a review on the album some years ago, I think that it's safe to say that I've listened to the music closely enough. Have you heard the entire album? Because if you haven't, I highly suggest that you do, because if they're anything, they're technical death. But the reason why I personally consider them to be progressive is because of exactly what you pointed out; those spots of black metal ambience that they've PERFECTLY blended in with the technical chaos of the rest of their sound. I guess it was a bit impulsive of me to approach what you said in that way, maybe because it's not black metal ENOUGH for this thread? I don't know :P But that's my argument, I do 100% understand what you're talking about though. Would I consider the :30 riff to have a black metal sound? Absolutely not. It sounds more like Decrepit Birth (primarily their Polarity album) and Obscura more than anything else.

http://www.nylon-ice.blogspot.com
Crinn is offline   Reply With Quote