Music Banter - View Single Post - Black Metal!
Thread: Black Metal!
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 07:28 PM   #228 (permalink)
Crinn
Legalize Homicide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forward To Death View Post
To me, it has nothing to do with the ambience, since that can be a quality of death metal as much as black metal, it's the riffing and chord progressions (essentially punk riffing) in certain parts. I would agree that the predominant influence on the album is death metal and prog, however I think it could potentially appeal to black metal fans as well for the reasons I've already stated.
You'll have to excuse how thick-headed I can be sometimes (not saying I intend to be), but I do love to make sure and listen to music from as many perspectives as I can. I guess I'll have to take your suggestion and listen to the music from a black metal perspective when I get the chance. When I brought up the term "black metal" when talking to their vocalist about their music, I remember him instantly butting in and saying "not really.....more so atmosphere than anything." I guess I was taken by surprise since Fallujah is a band that I would never expect to be in a black metal thread xP but thank you for showing your perspective!

As of the atmosphere, I feel that the atmosphere and ambience found in black metal is a lot different and much more unique than the types that can come from death metal.

http://www.nylon-ice.blogspot.com
Crinn is offline   Reply With Quote