Music Banter - View Single Post - Black Metal!
Thread: Black Metal!
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 12:22 AM   #229 (permalink)
Forward To Death
Trolier Than Thou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crinn View Post
You'll have to excuse how thick-headed I can be sometimes (not saying I intend to be), but I do love to make sure and listen to music from as many perspectives as I can. I guess I'll have to take your suggestion and listen to the music from a black metal perspective when I get the chance. When I brought up the term "black metal" when talking to their vocalist about their music, I remember him instantly butting in and saying "not really.....more so atmosphere than anything." I guess I was taken by surprise since Fallujah is a band that I would never expect to be in a black metal thread xP but thank you for showing your perspective!

As of the atmosphere, I feel that the atmosphere and ambience found in black metal is a lot different and much more unique than the types that can come from death metal.
Nah, I knew what you meant, I just don't really take genre classification all that seriously. All of the stuff that I'd consider metal is classified simply as "metal" on my iTunes for that reason. I usually only use sub-genre labels as a way to describe a musical theme to someone who hasn't heard the music.
Forward To Death is offline   Reply With Quote