Music Banter - View Single Post - What are you reading right now?
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 11:30 AM   #4953 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard Donner View Post
I hope your nephew has a speedy recovery but ffs there is no better setting to read that book

reading it in a children's hospital thinking to myself...."if a staff member asks you what you're read....just fucking lie to them"

so at that i finished Happy Mutant Baby Pills a few days ago....and i have to say i would not call it a waste of time but i would not call it revolutionary either....defiantly a wonderful example of modern transgressive literature

i hate to say it....but not a book for everyone....as in i could not see my mother or sister enjoying this book....especial the latter half of it and anything involving Round Up!

just due to the over the top substance abuse i certainly had an idea of what would happen at the end but was surprised with what ultimately happened to Nora....and i loved Lloyd's "junkie" deception

Miss Donner.....please tell me you have read Geek Love by Katherine Dunn.....if you haven't i highly suggest it....and i'm sure it will seep it's way into your brain at some point.....
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote