Music Banter - View Single Post - Symphonic Rock
Thread: Symphonic Rock
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 01:08 PM   #29 (permalink)
m0nja
Groupie

It's the first time I've joined a forum message. I choose music because I started to play the guitar a few months ago. I'm really into Rock and metal music and especially Symphonic Rock. I’ve started listening to it since I was 18 (that’s almost three years ago). My dad is really into heavy metal, that’s how I got in contact with this kind of music. I have to admit, when I was younger I didn’t like it, but now my whole compute is full of songs from Sonata Arctica, Avantasia ans Startovarius.

I like Sonata Arctica a lot. In April there will be a concert in Eindhoven in the Netherlands. I'm really looking forward to it. It will be the first time I’ll see them live. Have you heard of Avantasia? I bet you did! They are my favorite band. I like all songs of them. I’ve been waiting a few years for them to come to the Netherlands, since I missed their last concerts here. But they only planned to go to Wacken Open Air, which is on the other side of Germany and is already sold out. I hope they are still planning to do some touring in Europe.

Can you recommend some other great bands that sound quite similar to these I just mentioned? I know Edguy as well, but that is because the lead singer is also the singer from Avantasia. But that is not the reason I like the band. Does Edguy actually belong to Symphonic Rock? Maybe you could also recommend some great songs from different bands.

Do you only talk about Symphonic Rock on this page? Or do you also talk about other metal bands like Metallica? Dream Evil, I guess, would belong to Heavy Metal. Right?
Well I hope to get a response soon!

m0nja
m0nja is offline   Reply With Quote