Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 08:20 PM   #13831 (permalink)
Surell
Master, We Perish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
^I haven't seen that since the theater but I remember really liking it. It's one of those movies I still find myself thinking about quite a bit.
Yeah, it was really intriguing, well done but still pulsing with ideas and ingenuity. It's actually by the same guy who did I'm Not There, which I always heard about as an interesting piece of cinema. Todd Hayne's actually sounds like a great filmmaker, innovative with skills as well, and he does a ton of movies about music, which is pretty much as good as it gets (not totally really). Also, I found out its narrative is very much based around Citizen Kane, which I think is fitting considering the parallels of revolution and indulgence.

Btw you might be one of only like 10000 people who actually saw it in theatres, and I bet that was fun, so go you Jans.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote