Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you talk to people about music IRL?
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 11:11 PM   #78 (permalink)
Sequoioideae
An Butthole

I generally don't bring up music anymore when talking to co-workers or someone who I know is a casual music listener. It's not bad to like whatever's played on the radio, but I swear people find out that I listen to "weird stuff" and they pick on me about it all the time. It's rather annoying, I actually got accused of listening to music that's "different" for the sake of being different. That really pissed me off and I let them know how much of a dickhead they are. I do like talking about music when I meet someone who shares at least a band or two in their library, but that's few and far between here. I've mentioned artists like Aphex Twin, Black Flag, John Cage, Philip Glass, Stockhausen, Brian Jonestown Massacre, My Bloody Valentine, and I receive confused looks. People then accuse me of being something along the lines of being a "hipster" which is beyond stupid. Seriously, why can't I just like the music I like without being judged solely on whether or not someone else has heard of it?

God Is My Solar System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansa Stark View Post
"check yr fucking posable limbs privilege you ****s"
Sequoioideae is offline   Reply With Quote