Music Banter - View Single Post - Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 04:47 AM   #491 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Heresy! Some of the later songs might not be the best but "The Hammer" is probably my favorite track on that album. The energy of that riff is just infectious. Great review otherwise.
The Hammer is an intense 2 plus minutes but I've always seen it as an inferior "Ace of Spades" which it sounds very similar to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
**** I forgot about "The Hammer"! Must rack up album ... now!!!!
Glad you're reading Trolly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
Ace of Spades didn't beat out Iron Maiden's first album??? **** me! I think I'll just keep my mouth zipped for this countdown.
As I've said before, for a lot of people reading this, this is about the time that they got into this kind of music and therefore they're going to have strong opinions on where things should be. The Ace of Spades would've been higher and possibly beaten Maiden's debut if it hadn't been let down by some weaker material that comes in a row on its b-side. But I'll say again that the difference in quality between the first six albums on this year's list is very minimal as they're all classics and just the slightest little weakness really shows up against the other albums in that top 6.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote