Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you talk to people about music IRL?
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 09:37 AM   #81 (permalink)
Silenzio
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
I try and I try to talk to other humans, and it never works...soo yes...I think I am gonna stop
It's almost the same situation for me.
Basically, I convinced myself to make useless, shallow small-talk if I have to deal with people. Or let them talk.
The thing is, I can't believe how simple-thinking and narrow-minded people are around me, I don't want to deal with them.

Usually in school when I talk about music, nobody can relate to it. The only one who can is my music teacher, so doing presentations is nice at least.
At home I tried introducing my sister to various bands and genres, it didn't work out. Nowadays I don't even try anymore to speak to that human being.
My mom herself says "I don't understand enough about music to talk with you about it." Mostly she listens to my analyses but doesn't understand it.

So technically, the only people I talk about music are people on the internet. What bothers me is... why do you distinguish between people IRL and online?
People you meet online exist in this world, maybe they're not living in your country. There are time-zone differences, yes, but the time you spend online is real time.
The truth is, I appreciate people I know from the internet as much as those sitting next to me. Maybe even more, since I can talk about music with them.