Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 07:03 PM   #7674 (permalink)
Forward To Death
Trolier Than Thou

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
You said, and quote: "Metacritic?"

On Metacritic, there are 0 negative reviews for The 20/20 Experience.

If you're going to bring up a website that compiles critic reviews for your argument at least go to the ****ing website rofl how pathetic can you honestly be I mean come on
So the reviews on Metacritic are what you're going off of, and I was right?

I was actually just trying to be a wise ass, but it looks like I hit the nail right on the head. Anyways, that's not much of a universe, as Metacritic compiles popular critic reviews for it's rating system. It's sweet that you thought that Metacritic was a valid source for validating your opinion, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
You could only use that comparison if all the other albums sounded the same. Each album has a different sound/direction.
Is there a logical reason for this?

Quote:
So no his previous work has no bearing on the most recent.
No one said it has bearing on the most recent, because that would imply that the previous work has some sort of impact on how I hear The 20/20 Experience. What I'm saying, and maybe there's something lost in translation, is that his latest work is his best, but that isn't saying a lot when you listen to the rest of his catalog. Whether his style actually changed during that span has nothing to do with it.

Last edited by Forward To Death; 02-14-2014 at 07:11 PM.
Forward To Death is offline   Reply With Quote