Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Computer Tech Support Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 02:26 PM   #1443 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
More than likely no there is no IP tracking software on your PC (which is the front line for most IT guys, save for FBD ^ up there who knows more than 80% of em), but make sure you have your browser set to delete your history when you close out, and clean out your temp files (cookies and crap like that) regularly. A good way to keep everything on a beginners clean slate at the very least.
Yea, I'm the sysadmin at our company and it's a pretty small shop. I don't monitor anyone. Mostly because it's not in the employee terms. If I were told to, though, I have the functionality right on my router. Or I could buy an intermediary device behind the router and do tracking/blocking.

I'd refer to the employee contract/terms and see if it says anything in there. If not, there's probably no monitoring because it's not a mandated practice, therefore no resources would have been put toward such a practice. But like Plank said, it's probably a good idea to clear temp files if you don't want the IT guy finding your dirty laundry should he need to diagnose some issue on your PC and find himself wading through stuff you don't want him wading through.