Music Banter - View Single Post - Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 03:59 PM   #496 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Same here. It gets a lot of mention just because it's an intro to "The Chase Is Better than the Catch", but it's kinda dull. And I imagine you're gonna claim that Ace of Spades is better than British Steel, and if so then I'd say that too. I understand why US would put it above British Steel over Ace of Spades since he's a big AOR fan (not that Priest are AOR, but you know what I'm sayin'), but as a lover of dirtyass 80's black metal like Venom and Bathory Motorhead get my nod by being so ugly and powerful.
Yes I agree with you, the Ace of Spades is better than British Steel, overall it just has better guitar hooks that reach out and grab you. For me its not so much about dirty metal versus polished metal, but rather the guitar riffs. (though I think Venom rules to)I can appreciate Maiden & Priest, Maiden in particular is extremely talented, but for me its more like listening to orchestral music, its nice to have in the background, but it doesn't fully grab me. When I hear a guitar riff like Metallica's Seek and Destroy or WASP's Motley Crue's shout at the devil, I am there fully captivated, ready to destroy the world. Anyhow now that I'm getting an idea of US's musical taste I'm guessing Dio's fronted Black Sabbath album will be number 1, a good choice, I however would pick AC/DC's Back in Black....but through a private email, I think he's going to leave it out and dissect its flaws
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote