Music Banter - View Single Post - Janet Jackson
Thread: Janet Jackson
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 08:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Janet Jackson's self titled debut: Janet Jackson 1982

Fun fact: The album cover photo of Janet was taken at the Jackson family home in Encino California.

Tracklist:

1.Say You Do

2.You'll Never Find (A Love Like Mine)

3.Young Love

4.Love and My Best Friend

5.Don't Mess Up This Good Thing

6.Forever Yours

7.The Magic Is Working

8.Come Give Your Love to Me

Producers: René Moore, Angela Winbush, Foster Sylvers, Bobby Watson, Jerry Weaver

Singles: Young Love, Come Give Your Love to Me, Say You Do, Love and My Best Friend, and Don't Mess Up This Good Thing

Chart Peaks: from wiki
New Zealand Albums Chart: 44
U.S. Billboard 200: 63
U.S. Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Album: 6

I personally do not listen to this album alot so I can not offer a whole lot of information on it. I do know that Janet did not really want to have a singing career and her father really pushed for her to have a singing career. She wanted to go to college but Papa Joe had other plans for her. Remember, prior to this album release Janet was an actress an appeared on multiple shows: Good Times, Fame and Different Strokes. She did not want the help of her brothers when she made this album.

Janet was 16 when she recorded this album.

More rare album photos:

1982 Era photos of Janet:

Fun fact: Before Janet debut with her solo album, Janet singed back up vocals for someone else first. Her backup vocals on this song was actually the first time Janet recorded in a studio.

Guess who record that was? YEP, her big brother MJ. Janet as well as La Toya Jackson singed backup on P.Y.T. for MJ's Thriller album.

So next time you listen to P.Y.T. off of MJ's Thriller, remember those "Na Na Na Na Na Na" female voices are really Janets and La Toya's!!

Last edited by Soulflower; 02-15-2014 at 11:19 PM.
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote