Music Banter - View Single Post - The Prog Rock Album Club
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 06:56 AM   #635 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Album title: Divinities: Twelve dances with God

Artiste: Ian Anderson

Familiarity: None whatsoever.
Favourite track(s): In A Black Box and In Grip of Stronger Stuff.
Why? The first track "In A Black Box" reminded me of something that I heard in Mrs. Doubtfire's soundtrack or it would fit in perfectly with that movie for some reason to me. The second track "In Grip of Stronger Stuff" reminded me of Brave and made me yearn to see that movie again.
Least favourite track(s): I didn't really hear a track that rubbed me the wrong way.
Why?
Any preconceptions prior to listening, whether good or bad? Nope, I went into this blind folded.
Artwork: The cover is okay, just kind of curious as to why he decided to put all the religion symbols on it. I guess it has something to do with the new age-ness of it all.
Factoids you'd like to share? Negative
Initial impression: I prefer to have my flute in moderation. Usually when I hear a flute in a hip hop beat. I'm all over it because it isn't the basis for the entire production but just a nice little dash of flavor but to be heavily considerate with flute. I'm not feeling it too much.
End impression: It was decent as background music.
Comments: When I heard that it was going to be pretty much instrumental about halfway through the first track. I decided it would make perfect background music while I playing World of Warcraft which is based in a medieval setting. When I was working on my quests it was okay but I got sucked into a raid and it just wasn't epic enough for the huge battles that were going on. As cliche as it is, I still like to raid to "Lux Aeterna - Requiem For A Dream". I had high hopes that this album would make a decent alternative but I was disappointed. Would I listen to it again? Possibly but not all the way through and maybe just my fave tracks.

Rating: 2.5
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.

Last edited by djchameleon; 02-16-2014 at 07:12 AM.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote