Music Banter - View Single Post - The Pop of Today Vs Pop Of Yesterday
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 08:52 AM   #152 (permalink)
Necromancer
Divination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hat€monger ? View Post
That's because people have had 40/50 years plus to familiarise themselves with those songs.
I could just as easy say the same thing about the songs I grew up with in the late 80s / 90s. Someone a lot younger than me will say the exact same thing about the songs they've grown up with in the past 10/15 years.
I agree, and that's the part a lot of music enthusiasts leave out of the equation when versing an opinion concerning a particular era/decade of Music (the eras they have personally experienced first hand). You have to transcend yourself to that particular era in order to give a more accurate description to what was actually going on concerning music during a particular time/era in question. So it does have its advantages as well. I can go back as far as the late 60's and early 70s myself, I have to mainly surf the web and visit music forms like this one in order to learn anything before then. Documentaries on TV have helped a lot like, Behind The Music for example. Everybody! and his brother is a 'Music Critic' these days, in the modern times of the internet and both Music combined.
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote