Music Banter - View Single Post - The American Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 09:53 PM   #2070 (permalink)
Forward To Death
Trolier Than Thou

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
my thoughts on the report.... well basically what i thought though maybe a little more extreme. i can see both sides of this. i dont think incognito, pouncey or anyone else knew that is actually like a serious thing. thats just how some ppl talk... which is why im willin to just pretty much disregard ppl who cant wrap their heads around the fact that some ppl talk graphically with bulgar language and racist and sexist comments. i talk like that sometimes but to a much lesser degree so if ya cant undersdtand that not everyones group of friends is like yours, and that fact doesnt make them evil then i cant consider your opinion

i do feel bad for martin from the aspect that he was hurt by things and wasnt comfortable tellin others. i can understand that. i think things were just real serious to him and the other guys didnt know. id imagine an nfl locker room to be one of the most raunchy conversations around so i dont think it was like that unusual or anythin to the point where ppl shoulda been alarmed
Right, and I've made the same argument that if it was simply friends doing what friends do, then it was Martin overreacting. I don't think it was though, because they knew Martin was an introvert and a little "sensitive", but they kept ****ing with him. I think they had good intentions, but that doesn't excuse it. Having awareness of others is the foundation of society. He either wasn't aware he was being a complete *******, or he didn't care, and neither is acceptable considering his behavior.

Also, it wasn't an isolated incident as we now know.
Forward To Death is offline   Reply With Quote