Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official 'Ice Cube Doesn't Get The Credit He Deserves' Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 09:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
They all get the props they deserve for being pioneers. The whole list of guys you rattled off are in the Hip Hop Hall of fame and get talked about all the time.

Ice Cube gets credited as one of the pioneers of gangsta rap. His name gets tossed around by the media in those top MCs of all time lists constantly.

What kind of bizarro world are you living in?
LOL

DJ I must be living in Never Never Never land because I have NEVER heard Krs One OR Ice Cube get the props they deserve.

Krs One complains ALL the time about this as well as Chuck D.

Krs One and Ice Cube have NEVER received any accolades or tributes for their contributions to Hip Hop neither has LL Cool J.

The media loves LL Cool J but he is never taken seriously for his works and contributions for hip hop.

Just because someone is talked about does not necessarily mean they are being recognized for their impact and influence.

Most of the time I always hear people hype Jay Z, Biggie, 2pac etc

NO ONE never talks about Krs One or Guru. I never heard anyone talk about the rappers of that era. No one never talks about LL's first two records that were very important to hip hop.

Where are these award shows and critics that are acknowledging what these rappers have done for hip hop?
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote