Music Banter - View Single Post - Irrational music hatred
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 02:39 PM   #119 (permalink)
butthead aka 216
Account Disabled

Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
My Chemical Romance and AFI

idk about you guys but over here where i live there was a point when these 2 bands became insanely popular and every kid started to become an emo but i hated the whole thing!

Then fallout boy became popular along with Dashboard confessional *pukin* all these emo singers and their whiny voices ruled the airwaves

MCR i liked a little but i just hate that modern whiny emo type of singing some bands were popular for another exmpl of that is Panic at the disco (ugh, so horrible!) on contrast Morrissey can whine all day and i luv his songs

Musically some of these bands weren't bad but those whiny emo vocals just ruin everything for me

this was awhile ago i assume. i remember mcr and falloutboy gettin big in maybe 2006ish and afi bein popular before that but then they kinda reached a new audience i think with 'miss murder.' ive never liked mcr. i can appreciate some fall out boy songs but i certainly dont think they are emo at all, i just consider them to be a pop type band.

though i do love takin back sunday who was kinda grouped in with bands like mcr and the used around the mid 2000s

as for country-pop i understand the country purists who see their genre morphin like every other genre into mainstream pop stuff. but bein a kid from a small town who never really fully identified as a redneck or a country boy, country pop is a nice bridge for ppl like me and i enjoy it

edit: panic at the disco and paramore i believe were around the same time on Fueled by Ramen label and then they both moved on and changed their sound. i really hate their lead singers face and dislike the bands music
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote