Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 06:34 PM   #20426 (permalink)
Screen13
Music Addict

Went used, got into an Apple Records mood - Badfinger's 1973 release, Ass, and Mary Hopkin's Earth Song Ocean Song.

Finding both recall childhood memories of going through a Cut Out bin at Hills around 1981 and finding Badfiner's album, but rejecting it as I knew the parents would object to getting an album with that title, and Hopkin's Post Card, which I bought but only half liked (the show tune ruined any chance of 100 percent approval).

Badfinger - a flawed album but still with some excellent songs plus the classic "Apple of My Eye" (see 'ya Apple!...but with some regret) and "Timeless".

Hopkin's Earth Song - They really should have found a way to promote this, but it was one of the many fine albums that were shoved by the wayside, and knowing the Apple Records story, it was possibly expected. Appearances by Ralph McTell and Danny Thompson plus Dave Cousins of the Strawbs should spark interest with 70's Folk fans. Her vocals are excellent and (soon to be husband) Tony Visconti's Production is simple and tasteful.

Ironically enough, I went to the Apple Records site for some info for Earth Song and found Badfinger's "Apple Of My Eye" on the player when I got there. DAMN!!!
Screen13 is offline   Reply With Quote