Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 02:48 PM   #13851 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I almost went with Lego Movie because of your review of Robocop but I'm glad I decided to say fuck Exo's review. Let me see for myself. It wasn't as bad as you are making it out to be. Turn off your brain for a bit and enjoy the campy-ness of a movie that was born out of camp. The original Robocop was campy as ****. waaaah not enough violence. While the original was associated with it. I don't feel like it was necessary to be as gory just to tell the same story.
I'm glad you enjoyed it. I wouldn't want anybody to throw away their own thoughts and opinions because I have my own snobby view of film. That's never the point. I do have one thing to say in my defense. You said that they wrapped everything up and that there were no holes. So what happened to the police chief?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard Donner View Post

If you're looking at this and thinking "oh, great, another quirky film about hipster life in New York" I wouldn't argue against your skepticism. That said, I really, really enjoyed this. I'm a big fan of the antihero and Greta Gerwig is my dream woman. There's not much of a point to the film, but the characters are all relatable (in the worst ways possible) and the dialogue so greatly written and performed that it's enough to keep you interested. I don't buy a lot of movies but this is one I want in my collection. I liked this a lot more than Noah Baumbach's previous film, Greenberg, but they are similar in their tones.
Criterion actually released it which I thought was very interesting. I love Greta Gerwig. She's so silly.

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote