Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official 'Ice Cube Doesn't Get The Credit He Deserves' Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 01:06 AM   #50 (permalink)
Forward To Death
Trolier Than Thou

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtalk92 View Post
I know this already you don't have to tell me this lol

Tell the media that...

Eazy E is presented as the dominate driving force behind the group, not Ice Cube.

I do love Eazy by the way.
I love Eazy too, his style is almost unmatched IMO. I just like hearing his voice and delivery. He makes every song more interesting, and I do consider him a driving force, but that doesn't change the fact that Ice Cube gets most of the credit. I've never seen the media give credit to Eazy, and if they do it's probably because they're always trying to inflate someone's legacy when they've died, even if it's at the expense of others who are still living. I doubt Ice Cube minds, he's making millions, and has a fantastic catalog that he will live off of if his acting career or rapping career take any sort of nosedive.

Not to mention, he has one of the most impressive musical resumes of any rapper of any decade.

Quote:
I don't think that album is overrated. I think it deserves the credit it gets.

Ice Cube may be cited as a songwriter but he has never been cited as the driving force or the main center of the group like you are implying.
It probably does, but I don't think it's as great as most people seem to think. It's a very good album, and I'm glad I have it, but some people act like it's the Holy Grail of hip-hop. It's certainly one of the most important records in the history of the genre.

How does he not? He literally gets most of the credit, and I'm not talking about subjective opinions, I'm talking about facts, he wrote most of the music.
Forward To Death is offline   Reply With Quote