Music Banter - View Single Post - Urban's 'Doctor Who' Thing
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 06:07 AM   #100 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

I swear to God the BBC better make this happen...

Peter Jackson Doctor Who discussions "kind of serious"

Those talks about Peter Jackson going behind the camera on Doctor Who? They might be more than just hot air...

Granted, it's not the firmest statement of intent, but Who fan Peter Jackson saying that discussions about his directing an episode or two of Doctor Who are "actually kind of serious" is encouragement enough for us.

Speaking at The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug European junket, Jackson told journalists, "I would be very happy to. I'd love to try my hand at television, because I've never had the discipline of having to shoot for those impossibly tiny schedules. I think I could do it okay now."

There followed some jokey talk about a potentially New Zealand-set Jackson-directed episode featuring a face-off between the Daleks and the All Blacks.

If all this came to anything, it wouldn't be until series nine, or perhaps even ten, taking into account Jackson's packed Hobbit schedule. We know his fee wouldn't bankrupt the BBC, as he's asked to take his payment in the form of a Dalek. Come on, powers that be, make this so.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.