Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official 'Ice Cube Doesn't Get The Credit He Deserves' Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 06:49 AM   #54 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forward To Death View Post
I love Eazy too, his style is almost unmatched IMO. I just like hearing his voice and delivery. He makes every song more interesting, and I do consider him a driving force,

I really love him too! He is actually my favorite out of the group and Ice Cube is my 2nd favorite. Like you, I like his delivery and the personality in his voice. I actually really like his offstage persona as well.

I think he was the driving force in getting the group together and creating the label. He definitely deserves the credit in that.

Quote:
but that doesn't change the fact that Ice Cube gets most of the credit.
He does not get more credit than Eazy E.

Quote:
I've never seen the media give credit to Eazy, and if they do it's probably because they're always trying to inflate someone's legacy when they've died,
Eazy E is an icon.

He represents a certain period of Hip Hop and he gets credited as an important figure of that era. He deserves to be an Icon even if he had not passed away

Quote:
even if it's at the expense of others who are still living. I doubt Ice Cube minds, he's making millions, and has a fantastic catalog that he will live off of if his acting career or rapping career take any sort of nosedive.

Well he probably does not mind but it is nothing wrong with discussing his career and how his contributions could get more noticed.

Quote:
Not to mention, he has one of the most impressive musical resumes of any rapper of any decade.
I think so to

Quote:
It probably does, but I don't think it's as great as most people seem to think. It's a very good album, and I'm glad I have it, but some people act like it's the Holy Grail of hip-hop. It's certainly one of the most important records in the history of the genre.

I think it deserves the credit it gets because it not only changed Hip Hop but it culturally changed how Hip Hop was represented and used in society.Hip Hop was now a tool for more serious/complex/controversial issues besides the regular dance tunes by LL Cool J, Heavy D, etc

It is just a really great album lyrically and production wise. It tackled a lot of issues that were consider taboo or to controversial at the time especially with the injustice toward black men and police brutality going on at the time of the album. It still goes on but just saying.

Quote:
How does he not? He literally gets most of the credit, and I'm not talking about subjective opinions, I'm talking about facts, he wrote most of the music.
Just because he wrote the music does not mean he is the main center of attention and gets most of the credit.
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote