Music Banter - View Single Post - The Poseur Cave
Thread: The Poseur Cave
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 09:00 AM   #65 (permalink)
Isbjørn
cooler commie than elph

A couple of years ago, I was a real Coldplay nut. A friend of mine introduced me to them, and we dived deeper and deeper into the black hole of Coldplay. Then we both just stopped listening. Sort of. As the Mylo Xyloto (I never heard that one) fuss calmed, he moved on to other stuff, Maroon 5 for instance, and I tried to broaden my taste. Joining these forums was a result of that. So when I didn't listen to like, only five bands anymore, I slowly forgot about Coldplay. I heard a song or two on occasion, and was very smug whenever someone mentioned the band in a conversation, but their spot as my favourite band had been taken over.

Lately, my mainstream-alternative and pop friends have reminded me of Coldplay more and more often. Now I can't resist anymore. I need to revisit Coldplay. “Are you out of your mind? No human being can possibly listen to that kind of cheese without being cheese-poisoned!” I don't care. I'm a self-proclaimed poseur and I like cheese. I enjoy Manowar and Queen. “Yeah, but not only is it cheesy, it's a perfect example of how mediocrity is slowly infesting our culture, disguising itself as decent music! Don't listen to the Coldplay fans! They're all brainwashed!” What's that? Sorry, 'Lovers in Japan' was playing too loud. Didn't hear you. “Why did you choose that album? It's one of their worst!” Sorry, but I don't care. Coldplay is among the first bands I got into for real. I think I'll always have a soft spot for them. While I'm tired, like seriously tired of “Viva la Vida”, which everyone seems to accosiate with the band, I dig “Cemeteries of London”, “Strawberry Swing” and “Green Eyes”. That's right, I'm a Coldplay hipster. Crucify me. No, wait. Don't.

Isbjørn is offline   Reply With Quote