Music Banter - View Single Post - Ukraine Riots
Thread: Ukraine Riots
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 01:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequoioideae View Post
Another member on this board has been following this longer than I have, but it's gotten pretty fucking bad the last few days. Apparently this started due to laws that limited the rights of protesters, so obviously protests happened and the police used force against the protesters. Live ammunition is being used now, and the police are using snipers. There is/was talk of bringing in the Russian military to quell the protests, either way I'm rather anxious given the amount of violence on both sides. I hope it doesn't come to an all out civil war, and I hope the use of artillery/mortars doesn't make an appearance, but judging from what I've read, seen, and feel this conflict is going to get a lot worse.
The highlighted is an age old problem, but the recent riots were triggered by the government's decision to pull out of a trade agreement with the EU and instead sign another agreement to tie them even more to Russia. The last thing Russia wants is the EU even closer to its doorstep.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote