Music Banter - View Single Post - Musical 180s
Thread: Musical 180s
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 03:52 AM   #44 (permalink)
Dylstew
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlemagne View Post
When I was a kid I thought emo was one of the worst genres out there...I never gave it a chance because of the image it had in mainstream culture back then. I went back to it in college and now it's one of my absolute favorite genres. (It doesn't hurt that there's been a revival going on.)
What they call emo these days, or what emo used to be?
You know, emotive hardcore, which came from hardcore punk and (old style, like fugazi) post-hardcore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
What about music made up of sounds made by a computer that also contain vocals? I mean, for example, do either of these songs do anything for you:

I'm sure you can tell both of these songs are vastly different. One is a pop song, the other is very downtempo and glitchy. Electronic music in general encompasses so much, I just don't know how someone could find no joy in any of it.
Nope, can't really find enjoyment in it. I hope that someday I will in at least some form of electronic music(there's a lot of different genres in it). Opinions can change after all. Threre was a time when I didn't like Minor Threat. I thought it sounded weird, because I was used to modern pop music and pop punk back than.
It's a strange thought, becaue I love minor threat.... xD.
Dylstew is offline   Reply With Quote