Music Banter - View Single Post - Opinions on GG Allin
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 01:31 AM   #58 (permalink)
Forward To Death
Trolier Than Thou

Quote:
Originally Posted by BastardofYoung View Post
It is up there for sure. I am still a bigger fan of "Always Was, Is and Always Shall Be". His first album, before the whole shock rock, shit eating and rape, violence and degenerate shit. It was him, being mild mannered in comparison. It has a sound that recalls New York Dolls, Dead Boys, Buzzcocks and that style of punk. No songs like he would be known for later. It is night and day.

"Bored to Death" is basically his "Sonic Reducer", "Beat, Beat, Beat" could also pass as a Dead Boys song.

The album is not what people would think of from GG Allin. It is still nothing technical or mind blowing in terms of musicianship. But for what it is, it is a short, kinda fun, sloppy Punk record that has more replay value than his shocking stuff that is loved by crusty cretins and junkie degenerates.
Yes, I have a release that more or less that album with the singles released immediately after, and it is easily my favorite of his punk albums. I still prefer Carnival Of Excess, but you're absolutely right that this one kicks some serious ass. I think I posted a song, "You Hate Me & I Hate You", a great song that appears on the version of the album that I have.
Forward To Death is offline   Reply With Quote