Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official 'Ice Cube Doesn't Get The Credit He Deserves' Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 03:04 AM   #79 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forward To Death View Post
Right, like if you asked twenty people my age what rock/metal bands they like, you'd probably hear a lot of Slipknot, A7X, Lamb Of God, Killswitch Engage, Korn etc.
Na that's not what I said.

Quote:
If you asked casual hip hop fans their opinions on greatest rappers ever
Quote:
Doesn't mean that The Beatles and Led Zeppelin are underrated, or that the average "casual" rock fan wouldn't know who they are. I think there's a significantly better argument that they're overrated, or at least that they get the respect that they deserve. Ice Cube may not actually be a "household name" today, but it's mostly because the genre isn't anywhere near as popular as it once was, but I still think he is a household name, even if he isn't as relevant as he used to be.
I'm not saying he's underrated or that the casual fan doesn't know who Ice Cube is or haven't heard of him mate, I'm saying I don't think he'd be included in many top 10s of people I know around my age in this country. And I don't think Ice Cube would give a shit either since anyone who actually knows their stuff rates him.

DJ says he's a household name cos of his films, I'm not a film buff but I would struggle to name more than one film he has been in. Boyz In The Hood, there was a kid's film he did a few years ago and that's all I know tbh. I would say people like Will Smith, Natalie Portman, Angelina Jolie, Johnny Depp etc are household names in movies not Ice Cube. If you're asking who the most famous actors are now Ice Cube would not be someone I think of.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote